Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gingerbread January

Whitney and I got back from Puerto Rico last night. We only took our small "travelling camera", but we got some cute photos. I will put some of that up tonight or tomorrow, but let's face it. If you read this blog, you don't care much about us. You want photos of the kids. My mom did a PHENOMENAL job watching them. When we got back, our house was clean (no dirty clothes or dishes, clean bathrooms, new sheets and the whole thing was vacuumed and picked up!) Plus both kids were asleep. (Well, it was 10 pm...) The kids were also well and happy, except that Eli was pretty sad when Lerdleluh left today. Like inconsolable for 20 or 30 minutes. Which brings me to my next point... Stories/photos about the kids...

Some people (like my sister in law Ang) are really sticklers on keeping Christmas stuff at Christmas. Her kids don't wear Christmas related clothing at all after the holidays. I am like that with some things (like all Christmas the decorations--I had them ALL down and put away by December 26 in the early afternoon.) BUT my mom just bought me lots of Gymboree's gingerbread line for Dora. I was delighted! I think it's really cute!

Well, backtracking again, before Christmas I wanted to get a Gingerbread house kit. They were like $30 and I was too cheap. Well, a week later I saw them on clearance for $4!! So I got one. I found the perfect time to use it. To console a desperately sad little boy who kept crying for Lerdleluh. What better way to cheer him up than to make (and eat) a house of candy and icing!? Haha, a little late, but hey, the point of the rambling above is that apparently January is gingerbread month at the Baker house.

Here is the photo of what the house was SUPPOSED to look like:



I think that when you have a 2 year old architect and general contractor, you're destined to lose something in translation. Thus, our house really looked very little like it was supposed to look. BUT, Eli did almost the whole thing himself.

Here it is before it suffered from some serious architectural issues (As Eli picked at it, one side of the roof started to slide off and the peppermint wheels slid down into the house. Whoops. Also, he realized the snowman, gingerbread man and tree were made of "cookie" and decided to start eating them. Oh well!) This is one sad looking, haphazard house, but it sure was fun!


And just so the little bean gets her moment in the sun (and you can all see she's okay too), here's a shot of her in some of her gingerbread clothes. She has a matching sweater with fur trim! SO CUTE!



Also, I don't think I included this before, but she got Tooth number 7 right before we left and number 8 is ALMOST in. Chomp! Her new favorite food is Nilla wafers. Now that dad's home again she's been following him around like a little shadow--it's really cute.
Also, she stands and will take a single step periodically. The standing is Constant, though. I swear she will be walking soon, but not yet. Here she is standing and taking a single step. Look mom, no hands!







3 comments:

Cassidy said...

Dora has more teeth than Meg!!! Seriously. Meg has 6 teeth. I'm getting kinda worried. . . it's been 6 teeth for as many months. Again, seriously. Love the gingerbread house! love the gingerbread clothes. As long as there's snow, it can be gingerbread season.
Glad you had fun on your trip!

Grandma Carla said...

I think Eli did a terrific job on the gingerbread house. Sorry he was sad that I left, but I guess that means he'd welcome me back sometime! Love the photo of Dora standing - I tried to get a few of her standing, but my camera is pretty slow and I didn't get around to employing yours.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Emree is stuck with two that keep getting bigger and bigger lol. Those are some cute pictures of some cute kids. I can't wait to see some pictures of their cute parents!