Sunday, December 9, 2012

Welcome to the World Amethyst Whitney Baker!!

Whitney and I went in to be induced at midnight on November 27th.  It was a strange time to go in... but we wanted to make sure we had a spot. So, in we went.  I tried to take a nap before I went in, but I was too keyed up.  So I couldn't sleep.  I was really tired.  It only annoyed me moderately that Whit slept fine...   Haha. 

I think Whit took this photo around 3:30 am, just before I got an epidural.  

 It took a while after that.  I had Amethyst Whitney Baker at 10:10 am.  For the record, that's the most beautiful time on clocks.  Seriously.  All clocks with hands are always set at 10:10.  It's recognized as the most beautiful time for clocks. ;)

Brian Heaps (our OB) let Whit deliver the baby.  She was born "sunny side up" or face up, which is kind of odd apparently.  But he did great and so did little Tessa.


 Here's Whit and Brian Heaps.
 EIGHT pounds, Four point Seven ounces...
 She was born COMPLETELY covered with vernix.  And I thought she looked kind of gray! But she got 9s on both APGARs, so I guess she was fine.  She sure looked different when they got her cleaned off.  She has loved having her hands up by her face since the very first minute she was born.  She still does it now (at almost two weeks.)  It's SO cute.

 One happy mom to have her last little angel baby!


 Hands by the face!
 Daddy, all de-gowned.  :-)

 The kids came up to see Amethyst.  Eli was a little grumpy but they were all really excited.  Emmy had no idea what was going on but she was happy happy to see us.  Dora was by far the most excited about the baby.



 Loving my new little miracle.



 After 24 hours, we left and went home.  :-)  Dora was so happy to see us and the baby.  We didn't let her touch the baby--but hands out, and not breathing on Tess, we let her "hold" her.


 Eli was happy to hold her too, although this photo is from Day Three...
 Here's Tessa at 3 days old.  Dad's little sweetheart.

 Love the tree lights in the background.  Love her little eyes.  When she's awake she has been SO awake and aware.  Her little peepers just pop.
 Emmy has been a mess since coming home.
 Little Amethyst is SO cute.  Love that little sweetie!
 Emmy has been pretty high maintenance.  She's lucky she's so dang cute.
 My mom was indispensable the first few days.  She helped so much with Tess, and I saw them taking a little nap together--it was SO cute!


Little Amethyst Whitney Baker, we are so happy to see you--so happy to have you join our family!  We love you every minute.  You're so sweet and so patient for a newborn.  Love your little smiles, too.  (She has double dimples just like her sister Dora.)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Look at you looking all gorgeous seconds after giving birth. Not nice to post those kind of pictures. ;) She is beautiful- surely a Baker baby! Wish you were closer so I could hold her for you!

Cassidy said...

I wish I lived closer so I could hold her! Congrats guys!